The Ontario government has established a number of requirements for the Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP).
1. Eligibility: To be eligible for the OESP, applicants must be a residential customer of an electricity utility in Ontario and have a total household income that is at or below the Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) income thresholds.
2. Application: To apply for the OESP, applicants must complete an online application form and provide supporting documentation.
3. Payment: The OESP provides a monthly credit on the electricity bill of eligible customers. The amount of the credit is based on the total household income and the number of people living in the household.
4. Renewal: Customers must renew their OESP application every 12 months to continue receiving the credit.
5. Termination: The OESP credit will be terminated if the customer’s total household income exceeds the LEAP income thresholds, or if the customer fails to renew their application within 12 months.